Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We had a visitor!

I went to take Tanner to preschool Monday and when I went to get Paige out of the car I found this....

and this......




As I started looking around my van a little closer I found a lot more evidence that I had a little visitor in my car and started stressing out. I immediatley called Jason for some advice, and he told me to put some traps in the car. And I took out the mats and bleached them, took all the carseats apart and they were washed in the sanitizing cycle, and washed all the surfaces down with clorox wipes.....which wasn't smart due to the fact I still had a little critter running around. So Monday night I put about 8 traps in and around the car and then went to bed. This morning I went out hesitantly to the car and thought I would find a mouse or some type of rodent in the trap. But all I found was a trap with the corner chewed off. Little stinker.....so he wanted to play with me huh. Well I wasn't in the mood so a quick vaccum and strict instructions to the kids not to touch anything in the car we headed to Target to find some real traps. Mission accomplished we got home I removed the seats from the car (didn't want anymore mouse excrement on them). And let the car sit in the garage.


Tonight I decided to be brave and check on the car......mind you I had a tennis racket with me and low and behold I found this......


I couldn't kill this poor creature so I had a friend do it. Now I just hope he didn't have any friends! And it looks as if my schedule will be full tomorrow as I will be sanitizing my car once more.

9 comments:

Ricky and Kristi Rogers said...

gross! you are brave. i totally would have had a neighbor do it too. that is so annoying.

Amy said...

oh my gosh, that freaks me out! How on earth did that even get in your car??

I hate rodents. And cockroaches. And flying bugs. I don't think I could have even looked to see if anything was in the traps! You go girl!

Mandy said...

You are so brave!!! I wouldn't have stepped foot in that car until Tyler had fished the little thing out. I'm sure Jason was out of town and so I applaud you, because if that were me all activities needing the car would have been canceled. I'm so proud of you!!! :)

The Headrick Family said...

I did cancel all activities involving the car except to go and get the darn traps and diapers because they are a necessity. But I am just glad that it is now gone!

Robert and Kristen said...

That is just so gross! Who would have thought mice liked living in cars? I'm sorry you had to do that but it could have been worse, it could have been your house!

Kar said...

kari,
i am dying for you, you think we would have scorpions here but not mice, yikes! so fun chatting with you this morning!

Laurie said...

Nicely done Kari!

tanya said...

That is soooo gross! We had a mouse in our house last year. Chris forgot to check the trap before work so I paid my girls $10 to take care of it. They scooped it up with a shovel, dumped it in a trashbag and took it to the far side of the garage where I would never see it! I would freak out if one got in my car.

Courtni said...

That is AWFUL! How gross!!! Good thing you didn't see that while you were driving...I would have wrecked the car!