Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lori and Ryan



We cut our trip to California short so that we could be at my youngest sisters wedding. I can't believe that she is married! She was married December 30th at 8:20 am in the Salt Lake Temple. It was at beautiful day it started out early....I was up at 4:30 am (which made for a short night since I went to bed about 1:00) and we got everyone out the door and to Salt Lake in time for her 8:20 sealing. Although I didn't buy any winter shoes and I wore my sisters that ended up being too big which made for a long day because my feet were killing me! This was the first time that I have been back to the SLC temple since Jason and I were married and it brought back so many memories. How special it was to be there and be with all my sisters and their husbands, my grandparents, my parents, and my aunts and uncles, I am sure grandpa Startup was there with us as well. It was a day that I won't soon forget!




We got the kids who did amazingly well, and then went outside for pictures. It was so cold but after the pictures were done I took my shoes off since I couldn't walk in them anyway and went to the Joseph Smith Memorial builing and waited there for the luncheon. I had to warm up my feet after walking without shoes right?! We had a great lunch and then headed back to Provo to get ready for the reception. The reception was gorgeous. Usually when you have a reception at the church cultural hall it looks like the gym. The gym was totally transformed and it was amazing! My mom did a great job everything was beautiful as always. We enjoyed visiting with friends and relatives, watching the kids run around with cousins, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.


Lori looked gorgeous and I am so grateful to have been able to be a part of her special day! Love you tons Lori, and welcome Ryan.

2 comments:

Allie said...

You looked beautiful too by the way!!! I'm so glad that I was able to go and see you all! Call me before you leave!

Erin said...

What a beautiful family you guys have!