Sunday, January 4, 2009

So long.....farewell

Farewell 2008 and hello 2009. We had a fun new years eve everyone came over (except the newlyweds of course!) and we had yummy leftover soup from the wedding and played a game, and exchanged sister Christmas gifts. We had Amy's family this year and got them some books, some winter gear, and Amy some jeans, Andrea had us and they went way overboard! Jason got the Tiger Woods PGA game for the Wii, Tanner, Kylie, and Paige get to go to Build a Bear, and Andrea got me some cool stuff to start scrapbooking again. I am really excited....maybe it will motivate me to start again! We had a good time and enjoyed each other's company. We got the kids to bed around 11:30 and went outside with Grandma Startup and watched the fireworks. It would have been perfect except the neighbors house was in the way. We just got to see the tall ones but it was still fun. I think this is the first time I have stayed up till 12 for a few years. Kim and I took Grandma home and then we had a Mario Kart tournament. I don't remember who won but we had a good time. I think we finally made it to bed around 1:30ish.


Emma and Kylie

Trent and AidenHunter

Jason and Paige
Parker
Kenzie

Lynzee and Mike




We actually slept in and the kids did too it was great. We got up and got ready to go sledding. We hadn't had any new snow but we wanted to do one last activity before Trent had to head back to Texas. So off to Rock Canyon park we went and it was so icey that we could slide down the hill without the sled.



Taylor the work horse...that is the way to get up the hill!
Tanner and Carter

Paige and Mom


Brevin


Tanner was fearless, and he totally was loving it. Kylie not so much she went down the hill one or two times and then wanted to go to grandma's. She finally decided that the playground was much more fun and stayed there the rest of the time. Paige didn't really have too much fun, although I think she enjoyed sliding down the hill with me.



We almost made it without any injuries but leave it to Tanner. He was going down the hill and hit the jump and went sideways off the sled and slid across the ice on his face. I was at the bottom of the hill with Paige and couldn't carry him. He was so brave and only cried a little....even when we cleaned it off. He even went down 2 more times with me. I was so proud of how brave he was....although I probably shouldn't have gone down the last time because we hit a jump caught some air and landed hard. Lets just say my back side is really feeling it now! But his face is doing really well now, the swelling has gone down and it is just scabbed over. He tells me that if he eats his veggies it will be better tomorrow.




We had a great 2008 and hopefully 2009 will be just as memorable. Happy New Year!!

5 comments:

Allie said...

Ouch! Yeah, we don't go there after everything is frozen over. Poor kid.

Erin said...

Yikes! That looks like it hurts!!!

Anonymous said...

awesome pictures

theheadricks said...

Poor Tanner. Glad you guys had a fun holiday!
I stole your background, because I love it. Hope you don't mind. What a cool site.

Trent and Kim said...

How convenient for you that you don't remember who won the tournament. I remember that I beat you! Ha ha. Good post. It was fun times.