Thursday, January 8, 2009

I love snow

I never thought that living in Arizona would make me so homesick for Utah. Don't get me wrong I love my friends, and love the life that we have there but I miss my seasons. It is the worst starting in the fall when the weather is still in the 100's or high 90's. There is something about the fall the crispness in the air the changing leaves. That is when I really start missing Utah. Then Thanksgiving comes around and it is still warm enough to swim it just doesn't seem right. After Thanksgiving as we all know is Christmas. I can put up my decorations, bake, buy gifts, listen to lots of music....but it just isn't Christmas without some cold weather and snow. We didn't have any snow for Christmas...as we were in California with Jason's parents. We had rain and that is better than weather in the 60's, but then after Christmas we headed to Utah for my sister's wedding and we had 2 days of just snow. I loved it the kids loved it Jason wasn't there he was in Maryland (hence our 2 week trip to Utah). I even got Paige to walk around in it for a bit. It did take some convincing, she wasn't so sure what the white stuff getting on her coat was but eventually decided that it was okay.




I am ready to go home just because we have been away for 3 weeks. But I am already dreading the weather since it is in the 70's. Let me explain I know what is coming...yes the 70's are nice now for those who are freezing, but I will have months and months of hot hot hot weather. That is why I am dreading the 70's and why I am in absolute heaven in the snow!

4 comments:

Amy said...

oh my gosh I totally know what you mean! Growing up in Mesa I loved it, LOVED IT, when we got to go to Utah for Thanksgiving or whatever---cuz there was snow there! And red and yellow leaves! So nice. I've climatized away from AZ now and it just seems crazy that anyone can go for 9 months of weather over 90 degrees.

Emily said...

I am so glad you found my blog so I could find yours (: Your family is adorable! I didn't know your Dad went to Med school in St. Louis! How fun! I'm excited to keep in touch like this!
P.S. I totally agree that you need some snow and cold weather for it to truly feel like Christmas. We haven't had any snow in VA either ):

Courtni said...

I totally hear you -- I haven't seen snow for over 2 years, and I miss it like crazy...I am going to visit UT in March and hope that they still have some!

Laurie said...

So growing up in Arizona I didn't really know any different, until we moved to Utah and had snow and seasons. Once you've had the snow and the seasons change it is sooo hard to go back to not having them.