Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Beware of the Cactus

We have gotten back to Arizona and have settled back into our normal routine. Last week I was able to hike or run 4 out of the 5 days it had been awhile since I excercised and it felt great. Speaking of hiking I went hiking with Erin and Rachel Thursday morning and when we go it is still dark. We were hiking and talking not a good combination for me when I happened to run into one of these...
I know it doesn't look to bad but without the leaves....I will spare you the photo but lets just say I have a nice (ugly) bruise on my upper thigh and some scratches on my hand and leg. It might be a good idea if I watched where I was walking from here on out! Now my only problem is these next 2 weeks I have to be motivated myself because I won't be able to work out with my friends. So far not so good...still have a week and a half to redeem myself.

I have now decided that the weather is really nice and instead of being angry decided to enjoy it. I love being able to have the kids play outside and have the windows open and not have the heater or air conditioner on for a while. I will enjoy it while it lasts.
We had a great weekend on Friday night Jason and I actually went on a date. It was fun to get out of my mommy clothes and look decent and we met some friends and went and saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was a long movie and not one of my favorites afterward we went to Texas Roadhouse and had a nice dinner. Saturday we had dance, and let the kids play with friends while we did some yardwork, and then had a barbeque. It was a relaxing perfect day. Sunday we made it to church at 8:30, and then had a nice relaxing day. We watched the Cardinals win, and then went for a walk. Then we had another bbq, what a great weekend!

2 comments:

Allie said...

Just know that I'm smiling for you because I love you, and the cactus for making me smile. :)

Courtni said...

Oh my gosh! At least you were there with good friends who will help you laugh about it once you heal :-)

Oh, glad that you got a night out with Jason! -- Texas Roadhouse is one of my favorite restaurants -- jealous that you got to go, and hope that you had MANY, MANY of their rolls with cinnamon butter!