Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Lori in Flagstaff

I am backtracking a little I got behind and am trying to get caught up.
Lori my youngest sister plays volleyball for USU. And she called me months ago saying that she had 2 tournaments in Arizona. I was ecstatic! One was in Flagstaff at NAU, and then the second one was at ASU. It was perfect, I could see her play and she could see us. Well the tournament at ASU was cancelled but we still were able to see her play at NAU and it was her birthday weekend! It was perfect. We needed a little break from the heat and all the moving and some good family time since Jason had been traveling so much.

It was heavenly the weather was perfect, we headed up to Flagstaff and found overcast skies and nice cool weather in the 70's. We got there found where we needed to go and then grabbed some lunch and headed to the game. We got to watch Lori play and USU won the game. Unfortunately we didn't get to hang out with her between the games so we went to look at some old cars on route 66. Tanner was in heaven looking at all the old mustangs, and other cars. We walked around for awhile and then we decided to find a park to play at and the kids had a really fun time. I didn't get any good pictures of Tanner he found a friend to play with and was all over the place.

Then we headed to get some dinner before the game and met up with some friends from home (Provo) and had dinner at Oregano's. It was super yummy and then we headed back to watch the last game. It was fun and USU ended up winning in 4, and won the tournament. I had hoped it would just be 3 so we could have some time to visit and take her to get some birthday dessert, but I loved being able to watch Lori play. We had to get back home because Jason had to get back because he was headed back to Idaho early Sunday morning. I was so sad that we didn't get to spend more time together but it was so fun to see Lori. We only had 1 casualty for the entire day. During the game Paige was playing on the bleachers and took a tumble and hit her mouth on the bleachers. I think her tooth almost went through her lip but other than a lot of blood she was ok. She just was so sad and kept saying owie and pointing to her lip. It was pretty fat but healed pretty quickly. We love you Lori!

1 comment:

Trent and Kim said...

Cute pics. I'm glad you got to see Lori play, I'm sad that I don't get to. Wish I could have been there.