Sunday, September 13, 2009

My Grandpa Wilson

Little did I know that within 1 year I would lose both of my grandpa's. I have been spoiled having both sets of grandparents alive for 30 + years of my life. Today was a tough day as I learned that Grandpa Wilson passed away. Talking to him on the phone and when we were in Utah visiting I always told him that he would be here when our new baby came and he just said we'll see. I thought for sure he wouldn't leave before I gave him permission I wasn't surprised when my mom and sisters told me that he had taken a turn for the worst. I had hoped that he would hold on till our baby came, so I could come to the funeral. But I was being selfish and I am glad that he is no longer in pain, and unable to do things that he loved to do. I know he is in a better place and pain free but I will miss him so much!

He was always there for me, watching my basketball games, taking us fishing, taking us camping, at almost every baby blessing, graduations, and even coming to visit when I was in Nauvoo. Loved giving him a hard time about race issues, political topics, and discussing photography, and loved that he called me Wils. Grandpa I will miss you and love you always!

5 comments:

Courtni said...

sorry to hear about your grandpas passing. i lost both of my grandpas within a 3 month span, so i totally understand how hard that is.

isn't it bitter sweet to see the plan come full circle...the birth of a brand new baby and the loss of someone so special.

thinking of you...

Allie said...

I'm so sorry Kari. This is the WORST and HARDEST part of the plan. The part that I still don't understand. I'm thinking about you...

Allie said...

I'm so sorry Kari. This is the WORST and HARDEST part of the plan. The part that I still don't understand. I'm thinking about you...

David and Jana said...

He was a wonderful man! So sorry to hear of his passing and that you couldn't be there for the funeral. It was very nice! Hope all is well for you and the new baby.

Robert and Kristen said...

The same thing happened to me when my Grandpa Hillam passes away. Brandon was born the day after his funeral so I couldn't go, but I am sure he saw your cute baby!