Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Utah....again

Not saying that I don't like coming....but we have been here a lot lately. We left late Saturday and managed to run into a terrible snowstorm from Beaver all the way to Santaquin. I was so glad that I didn't have to drive and it just reminded me one of the reasons that I love Arizona...I don't have to drive in snowstorms. We got to my mom's at about 10:00 and the whole family was there eating pizza after Trent's volleyball game. It was so fun to see the kids so excited to see cousins, and aunts and grandma. We were just happy to be out of the car and not driving in snow!


Sunday we slept in (I mean Jason) and then got ready for church and suffered through another Sacrament meeting. The kids were crazy..and it's always during the sacrament. Tanner throws a fit if he can't lay down, and then Kylie doesn't want me she wants her dad and so on. The real kicker was Tanner took a small drink and then managed to spill his water in the water tray in the other cups. So Jason had to take them and dump them out so other people didn't have to drink his spit. And then after the sacrament things always seem to get a little better. Lori came and kept Kylie entertained and Tanner actually fell asleep. I just feel bad for the people behind us...they were probably thinking get those kids under control!! Oh well I try my best it's hard when you have stubborn kids. After church we went to get Jason's car from the rental place and they closed 1/2 an hour earlier. We drove around trying to find him another car but you've got to love Happy Valley everywhere was closed on Sunday. We got back to mom's and had dinner and everyone came over for dessert yummy! Dad was coming home from his Guatamala trip and we were trying to keep mom busy so she wouldn't worry. His plane was delayed and he got home 2 1/2 hours late. He had forgotten his phone charger so he couldn't get ahold of anyone. He finally made it home at midnight.


Monday morning I took Jason to get his rental and then he took off for Rock Springs. Got back to mom's and found out that Kim was having contractions!! Yay we were so excited, while waiting for news from Kim Grandma and Grandpa Wilson came over. They are so cute I love them. Grandpa wanted to talk to Kylie and see Paige, but Paige was such a stinker wouldn't let him hold her. And of course Tanner and Kylie were being silly...and Kylie being the stinker was screaming. What will I do with her?

Kylie and Great Grandpa Wilson

Aiden Hans Sorensen was born a little after 1:00 pm and weighed 8 lbs 4 ounces and 19 1/2 inches long. We were excited and headed off to the hospital to let the kids see him through the glass at the nursery.

Carter, Kylie, Brevin, Hunter and Tanner playing Simon says with Taylor waiting to see baby Aiden


Tuesday we started off the day excercising. Amy, Mom and I did aerobics. Then Tanner and Kylie had a hair cut. A much needed one I might add Tanner's hair was so long. Then we went shopping at the mall had lunch first then off to Baby Gap. I got Paige a cute Easter dress not the one I really wanted (couldn't fork out the money for a baby dress!)...and then a hair bow to match. Andrea had a dress for Kylie that was Kenzie's and they match. So cute and Kylie loves it (added bonus since she is getting picky about her clothes lately!) It was a fun day with the cousins.


Today started a little too early for me. Kylie ran and got into bed with me at about 1:30 and I couldn't back asleep. My stomach was upset so I ended up sleeping on the floor next to the toilet for most of the rest of the night. It was no fun!! I hate getting sick and especially when I want to go and see my new nephew!! Today we did a lot of nothing. I was able to talk to my friend on the phone and to talk to my long lost cousin too. It was the highlight of my day!! I am just hopeing to go to bed tonight and not have to make anymore trips to the bathroom!!


The kids have had a hard time falling asleep, and then staying asleep I went to check on them and found this. I was in heaven I had a bed to myself for 1 whole night!

Thursday and Friday were not too enjoyable for me I was sick and not feeling too well. It was so nice that my sisters and dad took the kids to the park for a picnic lunch on Friday. It was a nice break for them and me. Thanks Andrea, Amy and Dad!! And the best part of the whole day was when Jason got back from Rock Springs we were super excited to see him.

Saturday I was feeling much better and Jason and I were able to go to the temple. It was so nice and very much needed. Afterwards we all went out to dinner. We tried to go to Red Robin so Lori, Mom and Dad could come before Trent's volleyball game but the wait was 2 1/2 hours for 10 people so we decided to do something different. I was sad that not everyone could be there but we went to Ruby River steakhouse instead. We had to bring our kids and I was very pleased at how well they were behaving. We had a good time visiting with Andrea and Steve, and Amy and Mike.

Lynzee and Paige

Sunday we went to church and left to come back home. Of course Lori came with us yay!!

3 comments:

Allie said...

I'm so sad that we couldn't get together this time. My kids and I are all healthy now (knock on wood) I hope it lasts. I'm glad you had a fun trip and that Kim's baby cooperated!

Anonymous said...

Kari I am official thanks to you Thanks soooooo much jeppyclan.blogspot.com

Courtni said...

I think it is awesome that you are around for so much family stuff, even if you are 10 plus hours away. I loved that about living in Phoenix...it wasn't too far away to make it back to UT if needed. (and I totally agree with you that a major perk of living in AZ is not driving in snow!)