Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Camping

Who would have thought that a camping trip would be planned for December? Seeing how I grew up in places where it was common for it to snow in December I guess a campout in December seems strange (unless you are builing a snow cave to sleep in). I am finding out that their are different rules here in Arizona so our YW and YM Standard night was originally planned for October but due to conflicts it was rescheduled for December and the class presidencies decided it would be fun to camp. So the plan was to have dinner, and then Standards night and the girls would camp out and the boys and parents would go home. I wasn't planning on sleeping over due to the fact that I have a 4 month old but would attend the program portion. But things changed and I was needed to stay overnight because we didn't have enough adult leaders so of course I was happy to go. I will admit I was a little nervous first because it's been a really long time since I have been camping, secondly the forecast called for rain, and third I had a nursing baby at home. Don't get me wrong I was looking forward to being with the girls and the leaders. But I was still really nervous about going and if I was going to be warm enough etc. I am sure we have had a great time, but Friday came around and it started raining and I mean really raining. We totally need the rain here in the desert, but I didn't think we would actually get it the day we were supposed to go camping. Let me just tell you Jason was laughing all day long. I think he thought it was pretty funny to think of me camping in the rain. In fact I am sure he would have loved to see me do it. Maybe I will just to show him that I'm not as big as a baby as he thinks.



So the campout was cancelled, although we still went to the White Tank Mountains and had a great dinner put on by the bishopric, and had a great Standards night. We did fight the rain and the wind and the cold the whole night but we had a great time. After the program was over we headed over to Becky's and had treats and snacks. We sat around the fire pit and got warm, making smores, and drinking hot chocolate. Most of the girls were inside playing a game and having a great time. Even though we didn't camp, I think it was a pretty memorable night!

1 comment:

pribyl said...

Great picture of me...NOT! Looks like I'm half asleep. Probably b/c I was. LOL You, on the other hand, look great as always!