Tuesday, October 16, 2007

State Fair

Saturday Jason got up early and overseeded the lawn. I am so happy because now we will have green lawn all winter!! Then we headed to Target to get flu shots. I normally don't worry about mine, but with Paige so little this year I don't want to take any chances. Hopefully Jason won't get sick, last time he had a flu shot he was more sick that winter and swore he would never get one again. I don't think I forced him to get one, but he says I did and if he gets sick I will never hear the end of it!


Jason got a call from a friend in the ward inviting us to the State Fair. So we thought that would be fun. It was fun to go and be together but it was expensive!! I didn't realize how expensive it was. The kids had fun going on the rides, Kylie loved the pink elephants, and Tanner loved any car themed ride. And the fact he could ride all by himself.
We had enough and Tanner did not want to leave. He cried the whole way back to the car, in the car, and fell asleep finally! But when we got home woke up and started crying again I don't want to go home! He finally settled down after he had some food, and got a bath! But we don't think we will go to another State Fair for a while!
Sunday was good, I gave the lesson in Young Women's, I am sure not a great public speaker! I get so nervous and talk so fast, who knows if I even made any sense at all. I guess that is something I will eventually get better at. We were last to church because Jason had to go to an early morning meeting, and I couldn't get all kids ready in time even though I was up at 5:20! After church Jason made us lunch and I took a nap as did Tanner, Kylie, and Paige. We had a dinner of hotdogs and Jason had a leadership meeting so I took some Young Women invitations to ouraround, although I didn't have a whole bunch of luck delivering them. Hopefully it will be better the next time I try! Then home and to bed!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Aww, the AZ State Fair!!! Good memories. I think my high school choir sang there every year. It was expensive, wasn't it? I remember the indian fry bread being really yummy! Poor Tanner, are there any small pumpkin patches with little trains or jumphouses that will take his mind off the fairground?

Mitch said...

I never get sick... and the stupid doctor recommended I get a flu shot because of derek... and what do you know, I got the flu. I will never have another flu shot again!

The Headrick Family said...

Please don't tell Jason!! So far he hasn't got sick yet, I am crossing my fingers. Sorry you got sick though!

Mitch said...

don't tell him that the same thing happened to me? We both got the shots and we both got sick? You don't want him to have another confirmation of him being right?