Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Good Days

This week has gone better than expected. It has been hard having Jason gone, but I am surviving!

  • Monday we were supposed to meet some friends at the park for play time and dinner, and we waited and waited it got dark and we were just about to head home when they came. We ate McDonalds and the kids had a great time!
  • Tuesday Paige laughed at me! Granted I was tickling her but it was so cute, and I love her smile and her pretty blue eyes. Tuesday night a friend brought us dinner, and one of the most thoughtful gifts ever! I was so touched by her friendship and thoughtfulness that hopefully one day I can be like her! She brought me a yummy smelling candle, a bag of good cookies, goldfish for the kids and the book I am a Mother by Jane Clayson Johnson. Just what I needed thanks so much! We went to Target to get a couple of "things" and I end up spending a lot. But we got a birthday present for a party the next day. And then home to bed!
  • Wednesday we did stuff around the house, and then I went to YM/YW. We went to an improv show so I had to find someone to watch Tanner and Kylie for me while I went. I needed to help drive. My good friend Cherice watched the kids for me. She is so great, so I was able to go with the girls. The show was really good once I got there. I was almost late getting to the church and Paige cried the whole car ride there, and I ended up leaving the show to feed her. But it was fun and I think all the kids had a good time too. I picked up the kids from Cherice's came home and put them to bed, but the stinkers took a while to go sleep.
  • Thursday our friends the Williams called and we met them at the park for a picnic lunch and playtime. Tanner and Kylie love playing with Ryan and Nathan and it's always fun visiting with Rachel. We went home and Kylie, and Paige took naps and then Cherice and Tage came over. We got out our Halloween decorations and started putting them up. It was fun to visit and decorate. Then one of my young women had a volleyball game so we headed over there to watch. Tanner was upset because he wanted to see Lori. I tried to explain that Lori was far away and we would watch her play volleyball again sometime. Once we got inside it was fine, and then Tanner had to go potty! That is always an adventure. We made it but I have to help him and try to get Kylie not to touch anything. Doesn't always work as you anticipate it to. At least there wasn't an accident! We stopped afterwards at McDonalds and got dinner, and then back to Target. Had to take something back and get breakfast for my birthday! I was so tired and the kids didn't cooperate well tonight. Paige was screaming so I put the other two to bed and they were in there playing, and I think jumping on the beds! I finally got Paige taken care of and I think at about 10:00 the other two were finally asleep!
  • Friday I woke up to Jason calling to wish me a happy birthday. He just had to rub it in that I was now old! I know I'm not that old but I sure am having a hard time with the 30 thing. I had phone calls most of the day wishing me a happy birthday. It was so nice. I cleaned house in the morning and my friend Erin brought me her two books and a cute pink bowl with pink m & m's in it! I loved it!! Then I got ready and Cherice came over and watched all 3 kids while I went and got a pedicure. It was so relaxing and she was so nice to watch all of them for me. She made me cupcakes and the kids all sang happy birthday to me. After she left Jason came HOME!! He brought flowers and a gift. It was so good to see him. The kids and I were so excited. We then opened the presents my mom had sent home with me the last time I was in Utah, and then I opened Jasons, it was a new camera! I love it and am so excited to start learning how to use it! Then we were lucky enough to have a sitter so we could go out to dinner. We went to Chili's and just walked around the new shopping center. We found a nice chest for Jason's study at Ross. It was so nice and relaxing to have some time by ourselves. We need to do that more often!

No comments: