Monday, August 27, 2007

Week of Firsts....

We were able to go to Tucson this weekend to see my sister Lori play volleyball. Luckily we made it on time, I looked on the Utah State page to find the time the game started and forgot that we were an hour behind Utah. We left our house early enough that we walked in right as they were starting the game. I didn't think that she was going to be traveling this tournament and was so excited when I heard that she was coming. This is her first year playing at Utah State, and so we were even more excited when she got a little playing time! The kids had a lot of fun too for the first game and then Kylie totally lost it. We had hoped that she would have fallen asleep on the car ride down (I did) but she didn't and so she was so over tired that she didn't know what to do with herself. She cried for about 30 minutes I think. Jason ended up taking her to the top of the McKale center at the University of Arizona where no one was around (not that there was a huge crowd there anyway to watch two out of state teams play) and just let her cry until she finally fell asleep. I sat down with the other two who both fell asleep as well. It was nice while it lasted, because then Kylie woke up and cried for another 15 minutes. Of course Lori got to play then so I didn't get to pay as much attention to her playing. I did manage to see her shoe come off while she in and they had to stop play for it go back on! But she played really well, did really well defensively and got to hit a little. She has a stress fracture in her leg and hasn't really been playing a lot of front row in practice so she did really well I am excited for her. We waited for her after the game and the kids were so excited to see her, and I was happy because we got to take her out to dinner! We went to Chili's and just relaxed and talked and spent a couple of hours visiting. I'm excited now because we will get to see her first home game in Logan on her birthday.



I can't believe that Paige is now a month old. She now weighs 10 lbs 2 ounces and is 21 3/4 inches long. She is such a good baby. She is sleeping well at night and is just so alert and smiles often. She loves to have baths, her umbilical cord took forever to fall off, and so I just have started giving her baths in the last week. She absolutely loves them and just sits and kicks the water hasn't cried yet. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant baby.



Speaking of firsts we were at church on Sunday and it was time to go home, but one of the girls in my young woman's class asked to hold her and as she did I noticed that Paige decided that it was time to have her first up the backer. Needless to say that was a mess! I wanted to have her picture taken before church because she looked so cute, but we didn't get that done, so I'll just have to dress her up and take a picture of her sometime this week. I need to do better with my photography I think I'm a bit rusty, or maybe I'll just blame it on the camera!



Today I accomplished something I have wanted to do now for a while. I got down on my hands and knees and washed the tile floor! This is terrible but I have been trying to talk myself into it for the last well I won't say for how long. But Paige was so good the whole time she just laid on the floor and looked at the animals on her play mat, and the other too were pretty content watching Scooby Doo. It felt so good to get that checked off my to do list!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Isn't it amazing how good it makes a woman feel to have a clean floor? Its so fulfilling somehow!

Mitch said...

Wow - traveling with THREE kids. The nights were terrible on the vacation we just had and we only have one kid. But you've got to love good babies.