Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Utah

Okay so we found out that Jason had to work in Wyoming a week earlier than expected so we packed up the kids and headed to Utah Saturday July 28th. My mom was supposed to stay until Monday night but she was able to change her flight and left Saturday morning. Jason drove her to the airport and then came home and packed up the car and we left at about 12:30. We made pretty good time it only took us an extra hour with all the stops. Paige was so good, she just slept the whole way. We stopped about every 3 hours so I could feed her, and then she went back to sleep and didn't make any noise. I can't say that about the other two, but it was a good car ride.


It's been fun to let the family see Paige. I've never had family see one of my kids so little. Tanner and Kylie are having so much fun with their cousins. It's good that they aren't just cooped up in the house. Sunday the family came over and we had dessert. On Monday Jason got ready and left for Rock Springs in the evening. Tuesday was kind of crazy I got the first taste of 3 kids by myself. It was a little scary but I think I somehow managed. At noon Andrea's kids came over, and then Amy and Emma, and Linzee came too. The kids were playing downstairs and Tanner pushed the door open and it hit Carter in the head. He ended up getting 9 stitches. It was crazy, luckily Amy was here and we watched all the kids. They were all pretty good. I was sad that he had to get stitches though.

Wednesday went a little smoother. We got up and dressed and I finished the newest Harry Potter book. I couldn't put it down! I stayed up waiting for Paige to wake up so I could feed her, but she didn't get up when I thought she would so I ended up reading until 12:00. I thought for sure she would wake up right after I fell asleep, but she ended up sleeping until 3:30. She went 7 hours, it was nice too bad I didn't go to bed earlier! The day was pretty normal, Kylie actually had a nap, and Tanner and I went and played with the puzzles. When Kylie woke up Dad came and helped out with the kids for a while, and then we headed over to Andrea's and let the cousins play. They had a good time!

Thursday was the Startup reunion. Ir was an all day thing and I really didn't want to go and take the baby out with so many people. So the kids and I stayed home and my aunt De came to visit. It was so much fun! I haven't seen her and visited with her for so long. The kids loved playing with Madi too! I loved it because I didn't have to keep them out of trouble! Mom ended up buying the kids and I tickets for dinner, so we went. It was nice to get out, I think that the kids had a great time. Kylie was really hungry and got pretty messy at dinner. But I think she really enjoyed the salad! We went over to Kiwanis Park and watched Kenzie my niece dance in the program that had been put together. The kids loved it, I haven't seen either one of them sit that still since we got here! Kylie was trying to dance and sing with the kids too, it was pretty cute. I think I will have to get her in some dance classes soon!

Friday was a laid back kind of day. We didn't do much of anything which is bad because Tanner and Kylie get bored and then they get into all sort of trouble, so by 3:00 I had it and decided to get out the slip and slide. They had so much fun! Tanner loved running and sliding, and Kylie loved just running through the water. It was great because they got out so much energy that at dinner Kylie fell asleep eating her food. I had hoped that she would sleep all night, but she woke up at about 7:30 and wouldn't go back to bed. Jason came back home, and all she wanted was him! It was so nice to have him back to help me out!














Saturday we took the kids to a movie. I wasn't going to go at first but decided Paige would sleep the whole time so we had a family outing. We went and saw Ratatoiulle. Tanner liked it but Kylie didn't think the movie was very fun. She ended up sleeping through most of it. Paige slept through the whole thing too, so it worked out perfectly. We didn't do much the rest of the day so it was relaxing. Jason helped fix dinner, it was really good. We had Mahi Mahi with a mango kiwi salsa on top, and then some stir fry zuchini from my parents garden. It tasted really good! After dinner I went with my parents to a wedding reception for one of my friends from school. It was good to see him and his family!


Today was kind of a bittersweet day. I didn't want the day to end because I knew Jason would be leaving for Wyoming for the next week which means that I get to deal with the kids all by myself. Hopefully I can do better this week than I did last week! The good part of the day was my little sister Lori came home from Europe. I am jealous because I have never been there and have always wanted to go she has been there twice now! This trip was part of her graduation present, and tomorrow she leaves to go up to USU for school and volleyball. It was fun having the whole family here and her showing us all the things that she got, and talking about her trip. I am glad that she had a good time. I had such a hard time getting the kids to bed tonight. Both had naps, and so they didn't want to fall asleep. Now I guess that all of them are asleep I should go too!

No comments: