Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Such a Big Girl


I have been dreading potty training for some time. I kept putting it off and finding some excuse to put it off. I finally decided that it was time to bite the bullet and get Paige out of diapers. I prepared her and gave her a couple days warning and told her that Monday morning we were going to start going potty in the toilet. We got a new book about princesses and their pink toilets, and she picked out a toy (Princess Tiana) to put on the fridge and when she was successful got her new toy. I waited until I had Tanner and Kylie at school and we started. She had one accident and did fabulous after that. I would say day 1 was a success, and to top it all off she stayed dry all night. Day 2 was a little more turbulent, we had a few accidents and had to wash a all the towels and sanitize the bathroom. But overall did very well. Day 3 was excellent got everything in the toilet, she earned her princess back and is such a big girl now!
I love my Paige and am so proud of my big girl!

4 comments:

David and Jana said...

Hooray! Way to go Paige!

Erin said...

Yay! I love that picture of her!

mike and amy vb said...

All I have to say is that lynzee will hopefully be joining her soon! As soon as she gets feeling better. I need to think of something to bribe her with!

Lori and Ryan said...

I love that picture of her too. I miss you guys. Move here already? Pretty pretty please? And I won't take "talk to my husband" as an answer. Time to get goin!