Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mario Kart Kraziness


So for months Tanner has asked for a Mario Kart birthday party. He has been planning and planning and the day finally arrived. I made some invitations and we invited all the friends he could think of I figured not all the kids would show up, and since we only do friend parties every other year. (next birthday party we will cut back some I think) We had only 3 kids not come so we had 15 6 year olds running around our house. But we had a great time and survived thanks to all the help. I had all sorts of ideas but my procrastinating side of me got the best of me and I thought I had more time than I actually did so we went with simplified versions of my grand plans.
When the kids first came we made a headband with a picture of a character from Mario Kart and let them decorate it and put their names on. Then we played some games, and I think the kids had a good time. The 3 girls that Tanner invited were cheer leading they didn't want to participate. I was so proud of Kylie she was in there racing with all the boys and had so much fun.


We then ate pizza, had Mario cake, and then opened presents. I was writing down who gave him what and I have never been so claustrophobic in my life. The kids were so excited with what he was opening that they got closer and closer.

After cake and ice cream the kids just played until it was time to go home. Tanner loved every minute of his party. I am so glad that Jason was home and was able to play the games with the kids he did a great job. After the madness was over we sat and played with Tanner's new toys and relaxed.

1 comment:

Amy said...

That party looks like a blast!! I am so emailing you to get ideas next time we throw Thomas a party!