Tuesday, September 11, 2007

update...from Utah

Yes we are in Utah again Jason has to work in Wyoming so I decided that we should get some more family time in Utah with mom and dad. I figured since they now are empty nesters we might as well make them not feel so lonely! My inquisitive 2 year old seems to help them not be so bored. Today she wasn't too bad, she just fed Max (the dog) some cookies, and put dog food in the water (my dad's pet peeve), and played on my mom's desk, played with the stereo and sound system, and to top it all off got a hold of a black pen and colored all over the wall in the bedroom upstairs! I thought she was laying down watching Beauty and the Beast and falling asleep, guess I ought to pay more attention!

We drove here on Friday, we left Arizona at about 4:00, and arrived here at about 2:30 so not that bad of a drive. Tanner was great, he always is in the car. He just watched movies and took a nap, and then fell asleep for the night. Paige was pretty good too. She actually was awake for the first part of the drive just looking out the window. Once we got to Flagstaff we stopped and got dinner and I fed her. She was a little fussy but then fell asleep. She woke up just after we drove through Page, and I just gave her a bottle of formula. She drank about an ounce and then was out until we got to Provo. Kylie on the other hand has never liked to ride in the car. She gets tired of it pretty quickly. She did okay this trip until it was time for her to go to bed. She couldn't get comfortable and wanted out of her carseat. She would sleep for about 20 minutes then wake up and cry and then start the whole cycle over again. This went on from about Kanab all the way until we got to Provo. I can handle the Paige crying but there is something about the way she was crying that was driving me crazy! I was really happy when we got to my parents and could get her out of that car seat. Well once we got there she was wide awake and now we couldn't get her to go back to sleep! Oh well we didn't need to sleep anyway right?!

Speaking of sleeping I have found the kids asleep in the weirdest places this week! Kylie always falls asleep somewhere other than her bed, but last night I found her between the mattress and the wall on the floor. And I was feeding Paige and Tanner decided that the stair was pretty comfortable and fell asleep there.
Last week before we left Paige got a cold! I was so sad I've never had a baby that young get a cold. She has been pretty stuffy and one day had a pretty good fever. But she has been sleeping okay, until the last couple of days. She won't sleep during the day. Every time she is asleep I will lay her down and within 5 minutes she is awake again. Hopefully she will nap better once her cold is gone!

Today we got up and I made breakfast for my mom. We had blueberry muffins and scrambled eggs. I think she was pretty surprised that I fixed breakfast. I usually wait and have her fix it because it always seems to taste better. Then we got ready for the day. After that we got a surprise visit from Grandma and Grandpa Startup. It was fun to see them and visit with them for a minute. Mom has been canning fruit the past couple of days and today needed to do pears. So I helped her peel some pears. I need to learn how to do all that stuff becuase the kids love the fruit. Amy, Emma, and Linzee came over and the kids played for a while. It's fun to see the cousins get together. I think that they were playing house. I went downstairs and they had the table all set for dinner it was pretty cute. Then we went and watch Hunter and Brevin play in their soccer games. Tanner loves to play soccer, I practically had to pry him off the field. Once I found him in the goal, and had to pick him up and carry him off the field. He told me he couldn't leave because he was the goalie. I guess I ought to get him involved in something, he would have lots of fun! I'll post some pictures later I am going to bed!

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun family getaway. Sometimes it is so nice to take a break from the routine of home.

Mitch said...

Derek is really good in the car too. But I can't image having three on 10 hour trips! Glad you're having fun in UT. Jill and I have to come out and see you sometime (we talk about it... we just don't do anything about it).

The Headrick Family said...

We love to have visitors you are welcome anytime!