Sunday, September 16, 2007

Dinosaurs

Tanner is really into dinosaurs lately. I've been promising him that we would go to the dinosaur museum so I thought that when Jason got here we should take the kids for a nice family outing. Saturday morning we loaded up the van and headed to Thanksgiving Point. We got there just as it opened and got to see the 10:30 3-D show. I was quite surprised, Tanner kept his glasses on the entire movie, and did fairly well. There were some points where he was frightened but he did great. Kylie doesn't like movie theatres too much and as soon as we walked in she was not a happy camper. But she did better than expected, and was only frightened a few times. She even kept her glasses on for half the time!

After the movie we walked around the museum. They really enjoyed looking at all the dinosaurs, and all the hands on displays. Tanner kept going from exhibit to exhibit saying cool. The museum had quite a few activities for the kids and I think the favorite was "digging" for dinosaur bones. They had paint brushes for the kids to brush the sand off the fossils.

After the museum we headed up to Bluffdale to Robb and Celeste's to visit and let Tanner and Kylie play with cousins. Tanner loves his cousins Nathan and Justin. And loves to play the video game with cars! We had a great day visiting and it was nice the kids played hard outside all day long. Kylie loved seeing the horses and the cow. Justin was watching Kylie and told me that she was very curious about the electric fence. I think she got pretty close to touching it a few times. What a fun day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

how awesome! What a fun time. Isn't there a Dinosaur Museum in Tempe or Scottsdale? I think my sister said she went...I'm thinking of taking Thomas next time we visit AZ.