Monday, September 17, 2007

Paige's Blessing Day

Sunday was a very memorable day. We we so lucky to be able to bless Paige in Utah with so many family members from both sides of the family. Jason's brother Robb and his wife Celeste and their family, his cousin Mike and wife Rachel and son were there, and his two sisters Jennifer and Julie and their families were there. I had all 4 of my sisters and their families. I was able to have everything that we needed ready the night before so we were actually about 30 minutes early to church the reason that was so remarkable was that church started at 9:00. I felt a little silly saving all those seats in church, but it was for a great occasion. Jason gave Paige a beautiful blessing and I felt so lucky to have both sets of my grandparents there with us. I wouldn't know what it was like to not have them there, they have been such a big part of my life.


After Sacrament meeting we all headed back to my mom and dad's and had a brunch. I had gotten doughnuts (thanks Mike!) and cut up fruit, and made our families favorite breakfast treat sausage pinwheels. (it's just crescent rolls with Jimmy Dean sausage spread over the dough then roll them up and cut them, bake and enjoy!) It was some work but well worth it. I love having family aroung visiting and being together. It was fun seeing Tanner and his cousins playing in the dirt with cars in their church clothes! I think everyone that came had a good time. We were so grateful for all that traveled to be with us!



I wanted to make sure I got pictures of Paige with my grandparents, but I was having the hardest time getting everyone together. As I was taking pictures of the Startups I saw grandma Wilson go to the study quickly. I knew that she wasn't feeling well. She ended up going to the hospital via ambulance and turns out she needed a pacemaker. Everything has turned out okay but it was pretty scary! Needless to say I didn't get any pictures. But I am sure glad that they were able to be with us. I will post more pictures when I get them from my dad!

No comments: