Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ouch


The other day I was vacuuming and putting a few things away when I heard the hurt cry from Paige. I look over and there was blood everywhere. I got her to the bathroom and got some pressure put on the wound and tried to calm her down. A s I was trying to figure out what happened I got the first story of Kylie throwing her wallet at Paige. I couldn't quite figure out how that would cut her eye.....but then I got a crying Kylie that decided that she better tell the truth and she told me she threw a pair of scissors at Paige because Pagie was teasing her by taking her money. I was so grateful that the scissors didn't hit her eye. Things could have been a lot worse. We got her cut to stop bleeding and we discovered that she didn't need any stitches thankfully, and she actually kept a cold rag on her eye to help with the swelling. Paige loves telling people that Kylie threw scissors at her. It has been interesting watching her eye change various colors...hopefully we won't have any more of these!

2 comments:

Trent and Kim said...

Oh no Kylie, not good at all. I'm so glad it didn't hit her eye! That's a good one though, Paige should be able to guilt her for a while to get stuff she wants.

Amy said...

That is so scary! When Thomas was Paige's age, a neighbor kid threw a stick at him and it hit him at just the same place! I am so grateful it didn't poke his eye out. There are definitely angels looking out for our children!