Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pumpkin Patch



Tanner had his first field trip to the pumpkin patch. He remembered when we went a couple of years ago with some friends. I was amazed because he remembered some details about it that I had even forgot.
He was up early this morning because he was super excited for the field trip and to ride the school bus for the first time. He got his orange T-shirt on, his lunch, and water bottle and was ready to go.

The kids were supposed to be back at 1:45 and I thought I was supposed to get him early from school. I was there and signed Tanner out. Well he was not happy about being signed out early, and when we got to the car he started crying. When I tried asking him about the field trip he wouldn't give me any info. What a great way to start the afternoon. And I thought about all the times I ruined my moms morning or afternoon by my attitude and I guess what goes around really comes around! I am getting some payback. Eventually he came out of his funk and talked about how fun he had. I am glad that he had such a great time.

Here are just some random shots of the kids from this last week.

2 comments:

mike and amy vb said...

He looks so sad!!! We just love those moments. I have been there with you many times. What can we do but laugh?!?

Trent and Kim said...

Tanner looks so big too! I think he has grown since I saw him last. I can't believe you have 4 kids, kind of nuts. I miss them. Tell them hi for me.