Monday, October 6, 2008

Tanner and T-Ball

Tanner is signed up for another fun season of T-ball and although I was gone for the first game, Jason said he did amazing!

He even hit the ball out of the in field....much improvement from the spring season.

This weekend was a chaotic one. Thanks to my friends that brought me dinner, and watched my kids on Friday, and helped with Kylie on Saturday, I couldn't have done it without you guys! I flew to Utah Thursday night to attend my grandpa's funeral. I felt like I was missing something the whole trip....well I guess I was my kids and my hubby. But it was nice to listen and just soak in the day without worrying about kids running all over misbehaving and being noisy. I was able to see so many family and friends it was great. But by the end of the day Friday we were tired. I went back to my mom's and we watched part of the USU vs BYU game and then ended up playing games. It was fun and a nice way to end the day. I then went to bed and slept in till 9:00 am! I haven't done that forever, I got up and got ready to head back home. I loved the weather there a great fall day it was raining with just a little nip in the air. I was able to visit with my grandma, and then headed up to the airport. My flight was late....which made me late getting home so Jason ended up missing Priesthood session of conference. That was the first time in 6 years of marriage that he missed Priesthood. I felt terrible but I can't control the weather so not much I could do about it. We had Jason's cousin Mike and his wife Rachel and 2 boys were staying with us. So we hurried home to relieve them (they were watching all the kids) and they headed to the Emmy's (he is a anchor for a news channel in Utah). We had an enjoyable night watching the kids play. Tanner was in heaven, Dylan is the same age and they played so well together. By the end of the night we had two sweaty tired boys. Jack and Kylie that is a different story they had a love hate relationship and Kylie was not being the nicest little girl. I really hope she grows out of this stage fast!!

Sunday we got up and made pancakes and eggs for breakfast and tried to listen to the morning session of General Conference. It's hard with 5 kids under the age of 5! We had a good time visiting and had a nice lunch. Once again missed most of the afternoon session....I have a lot of catching up to do! And then Mike and Rachel headed off to California for their vacation. It was lots of fun having them visit. Now on to real life and a new week!

2 comments:

Cherice said...

So glad you got to go to the funeral. Sounds like you had a crazy weekend. Glad your back now. We Soooo need to get together!

juevarts said...

It's fun seeing your blog. I'm glad I joined the blogging world. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa. Reading your tribute to him brought back the only memory I have of him and the deliciousness of his Chocolate covered gummy bears. They were a great treat in Nauvoo.