Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birthday


Okay so on Sunday I had a birthday and yes I am officially 31, and my lovely husband decided to tell Tanner that I was old. So now Tanner reminds me that I am old.....great. For me this birthday was harder than last year....now I am not only 30 but 31. Why can't I just stay 25? I think I liked being 25 not too young but not all that old, perfect.


I did have a pretty good day....it was fast Sunday so no grand breakfast for me. (Don't get me wrong I like Fast Sundays but not on my birthday, breakfast is one of my favorite meals....oh wait I like all meals!) My cute husband did make dinner for me.....(it was easy I already had it all planned out) and then we went to church. I didn't hear much of Sacrament and then didn't get to go to nursery to help out because Kylie has a cold and cough (still), and then got to listen to 1/2 of Relief Society. Kylie decided that she should start clapping, and drop her bracelet in the vent, and talking really loud, and being bossy, it was really fun (I am being sarcastic). And I even got a short nap it was a nice 15 minutes and then Jason got a little loud telling the kids to be quiet so I could sleep. We had a nice dinner, and then Strawberry shortcake and ice cream. All in all it was a good day, Jason gave me photo shop something I have wanted ever since we got our new camera, and then a new blow dryer. Don't laugh mine died and I really needed a new one so it was really thoughtful. And I had so many birthday wishes from all of my cute friends it made me day so thanks! And the night before Erin and Brian came over after the kids went to bed and we had pie (so yummy) and had a few minutes to visit.


Birthdays just aren't the same when I was little I loved having the excitement build and then the big day came and it was all about me. And it was always great getting to be a year older more freedom. Now I dread the birthday it just means I am getting older and more flabby because I still think I have the metabolism of an 18 year old....go figure!?

4 comments:

Courtni said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY! Glad you had a good day...welcome to the 31 club. I too am no longer a real fan of birthdays -- except the gifts, of course :-)

Allie said...

Hope you got my e-card! I thought of you all day. Glad it was good. You are still older than me.;)

Melissa and Jason said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I agree...birthdays just aren't the same as they were when we were little. I've decided to stay 27...for the rest of my life. Age is just a state of mind.

Laurie said...

Oh I remember when 25 seemed old! Yikes! You could so pass for 25 by the way!
HAppy Late Birthday! I'm glad it was a nice one!