Sunday, September 7, 2008

Scorpions, Snakes, Lizards, and......

We had our neighbors over for dinner tonight and when they arrived they showed us that we had a bat on our front porch right above the door. So after dinner the bat was still there and so Jason being the inquisitive guy he is caught it and brought it inside (in a jar of course!). Sorry mom I will buy you a new jar. My crazy husband thought that it looked cute and soft and wanted to pet it. He is so weird!

After we watched the bat for a while we let it go in the back yard. We were all inside of course except for Jason who had to let it go. Hopefully it won't come back anytime soon!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I swear....Jason is too crazy! How do you handle him Kari? Looks like you guys are having fun though.

Amy said...

ugh, I don't think I could handle catching or releasing that! I always thought bats were like rats with wings. I bet the kids loved looking at it safe in the jar!

Mama Bear said...

Yikes!!

Mandy said...

Bats, scorpions, snakes??? I knew there was a reason we didn't end up moving to Arizona!! If I ever forget I will refer back to this blog. Thank you!!

Laurie said...

Strange as it may sound, I actually think bats are cute, too. Scorpions...not so much and they run rampant in AZ.

The Laytons said...

Our friend had a bat in their house and they all ended up getting their rabies shots because of the scare ... be careful!