Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Just a normal day......

Got to love it when you step out of the room for 5 minutes and you come back to find your 1 year old eating my 3 year olds leftover breakfast on the floor. I guess she didn't get enough and had to come back for more!

In the summer we do a lot of things inside and when the backyard is shaded we play baseball, or the kids will ride their bikes on the patio, well today Tanner wanted to go out front and race the fire engines down the driveway. So he waited patiently until after dinner and we headed outside. Little did I know that we would all get so dirty! We raced firetrucks for a few minutes but then I had to keep Paige from falling so Tanner started playing with his bulldozer and with the rocks in our yard. And of course we had to stop for a popsicle....sometimes we stop more than once!!


Notice her hands they are so dirty and her knees were just as black from crawling around on the driveway.

Today I found out that Paige likes to suck on rocks...Looking really innocentTell her no and she just goes back for morePaige has started walking so its much easier to have her outside today was the first time she has used the walker and she sure loved it! She was not scared at all but scared numerous times. She started going down the driveway which has a slight decline and she was going as fast as her legs would move....I was afraid she was going to do a face plant but she didn't and any time I tried to help her she would yell and move my hand off. Luckily we didn't have any accidents! Kylie is my little helper she likes to do everything with me. She is my second mommy and likes to boss her brother and sister around. So instead of playing with Tanner and the bulldozer she was following me around chasing Paige. So when I tried to take her picture she started moving her shoulders around and being super silly. I asked her what she was doing and she said just smiling.


I finally was able to get the kids inside and they went straight into the bath....I had to change the water 3 times to get them clean but I think it was worth it they had a great time outside even though it was still really hot!

2 comments:

Allie said...

I don't know how you do it when it is that hot outside! I know that I have said this almost every time I comment, but man your kids are cute!

Anonymous said...

what kind of kids would they be if they didnt make messes, get dirty and love great cold sugary otter pops!!! =) Plus it is summer time.