Thursday, August 7, 2008

Girls Camp

I didn't do a very good job at taking pictures at Girls Camp but I had a good time. It was the first time I had been back to camp since I was in YW....and it was fun to be a leader this time. I forgot about all the pranks, late nights, and all the great times and I am so glad that I was able to be part of it.



I had a bad week leading up to it, first of all I was released from YW's and put with Jason as nursery leaders...not that it's a bad thing I just was having a bad attitude about going to camp not even being in YW anymore and leaving the kids and making others watch them while I was gone. Then my lovely children decided not to listen and I had it. But I am so glad that I was able to go I am so humbled to realize that my Heavenly Father always knows what I need to hear. The camp theme was Young Women's Training Center. Where the focus was on marriage and their future children. We had some amazing speakers about the importance of motherhood and although it was directed to the future mothers it affected me and made me remember that even though it is tough sometimes there is a reason why I am doing this and I wouldn't change it for a career any day!


I had the great opportunity to ride the bus with the girls, and I am not the best take charge person but I got the girls on the bus and we were on our way. It was beautiful at camp and there were deer that roamed freely right by our cabins. We heard later that deer, skunks, and even a bear had been frequent visitors...as well as the occasional rattle snake. Luckily I didn't have to witness anything but a couple deer, and a dead rattlesnake!


We had certification, and skit night, and we did singing trees where each ward prepares a song and we go into the forest and surround a tree and each ward takes a turn singing and shining their flashlights to the top of the trees. It was so beautiful, quiet and a great way to feel the spirit. We had "P" day activities put on by the YCL's and we got to play water softball, had to get the worms out of pudding, watermelon seed spitting contest, water volleyball, hit your leader in the face with a wet sponge (yes I got to participate in that one and I did get hit in the face with the sponge and got so wet! didn't think my first years could do it!), went on a hike more like a walk and got some nature lessons as well. And the girls got to go down the zip line, and learn archery. All in all a great time except for the capers our cabin got assigned the most out of anyone but I think it was good because the girls needed to learn how to work! I will be honest I wasn't the happiest about it because I had to do a lot of the work! Especially in the bathroom the last day we had girls that we deathly afraid of bug and we had lots of bugs in the bathroom, and other gross things that I won't mention.


I was so grateful for the opportunity to go, and all those that watched my kids while I was gone, and my husband for keeping the house clean! It was so nice to come home and be with my family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I always go through phases about camping. Sometimes I enjoy it and others I hate it. I think I might be the same way about motherhood. =)