Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Visit


We had such a good time visiting with my parents. I loved that they took time to come and see us here in hot Arizona. Dad said that they need to make it in the winter...much better weather then! And we love to have visitors anytime!!


Sunday was fun the kids were so excited to see Grandma and Grandpa, Kylie peeked into the bedroom a few times before they got up and was dying to let Max out of his kennel. (I was lazy and didn't want to have to take him outside!) We had breakfast and then mom and I got making the baked beans for dinner. Then it was off to church....we had to sit in the hard seats the first time since the ward split. The kids were crazy in Sacrament meeting and once Kylie was playing with moms wedding ring and dropped it and we couldn't find it. She was really on one I have to keep her busy doing something to keep her quiet. Then we went home and had hamburgers and baked beans. We spent the rest of the day relaxing, and visiting, and then went for a walk with the kids. Mom also helped me start my dinners for my freezer meal exchange. We made chicken caccitorie. I would have been up forever if she didn't help me thanks mom!!


Monday started early when I was able to go on my morning run. It always feels so good to exercise. My cute dad helped Tanner fix his bike and had so many "helpers" I am amazed at how calm he stayed sometimes I don't have that much patience.

After that we headed to look for some shoes for Tanner....when we came back we all had a pair except for my mom and Jason who wasn't with us at the time, oh and Paige she didn't get any either. And we made a stop at Sonic for a slush we love sonic slush's!! Then we headed to the pool for some swimming. Even Jason was able to join us for a little bit before we got some gusty wind. We topped off the night with some sequence....Jason and I needed to avenge ourselves from a prior loss which I won't even mention how bad it was.

Today started off slow I was tired and all the kids slept in until at least 7:30. We got going and went to Lowe's I was trying to figure out a project. We had fun looking around the new store and then we headed to In-n-Out for lunch. After lunch we went to Dillard's for a "quick" look around the store. Well they are having a shoe clearance and it didn't end up being quick. My dad was so great and watched the kids while mom and I ran in. I know he hates shopping but I am so impressed with his being so patient with us. After our shopping I ended up with 3 new pairs of shoes as an early birthday present we headed home so they could pack up the care to head back to Utah. Tanner helped dad with the car and I was so scared he would have a hard time with them leaving. He has been looking forward to their visit for so long. But in the end it was Kylie she wanted to go home with them and was so sad. Hopefully it won't be long before we can visit!

5 comments:

Allie said...

I love your parents! How fun for them to come and visit you guys out there in hot ville! Did your mom find her wedding ring?

The Headrick Family said...

We did find it, it had rolled under our friends diaper bag in front of us. I thought we were never going to find it though. I am just glad we did!

Trent and Kim said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Mom and Dad are so great. I didn't know you had an in-n-out there, Is it new? Cute pics, your kids are getting so big!!

Mandy said...

How fun, your parents probably come to visit you as much as mine come to visit me, and mine are only 25 miles away. So sad!! I love "quick" shopping trips, and shoes for that matter. Your dad is starting to remind me of grandpa...with his hat and all. I love it!!

Laurie said...

I was just going to ask if you found the ring. I'm so glad you did. How fun to have your parents come. One of these days we'll get to AZ. It probably won't be til Christmas though, so hopefully you guys will be around.