Monday, April 7, 2008

T-ball, anniversary, and conference



Tanner is now playing t-ball or should we say team ball? He is having fun and is so excited about practices and his games. I think it's pretty funny to watch him, he loves chasing the ball and tackling anyone who gets in his way. (We are working on that!) He is having a good time and it's a lot of fun watching him do better every week.
We enjoyed a whole week of Jason being home. It was great to have him home so the kids can all cling to him instead of me. And of course I love having him home too! I do have to admit that I feel just a bit jealous that Paige likes her dad more than me. It's pretty sad that she will cry if I hold her and she sees her daddy. I can't believe that she is 8 months old now. Friday she cut her first tooth, the second one is making it's way too, and she is now beginning to pull herself up to things, she hates being on her tummy but from a sitting position she will lean forward and get on her hands and knees. I'm sure it won't be long before she is into everything!




The 30th of March was our 6th wedding anniversary. I have a hard time thinking we have been married for 6 years now. Every year Jason always teases me by saying that he has to think about renewing our contract. Lucky for him I renew it! Really I couldn't ask for a better husband, one that always will clean up after dinner, who consistently unloads the dishwasher, who is a good dad, but above all is my best friend and encourages me to be better. He challenges me to do things that aren't always easy for me but end up being valuable learning experiences. Thanks honey I love you!!


Last week was busy, I had a lot going on every night. Tuesday I went and played volleyball with the ward. I had lots of fun although I do have to admit that the gym floor seems a lot harder than it used to. Wednesday was YM/YW combined activity and we hiked a "mountain". It was a lot of fun although we got sent on the easier hill because we were told the beehives and deacons were going to stick together on an easier hill. Well everyone went the same way except my advisor Chelsea, me and 2 beehives and their dad. We got done way before everyone else. But it was still lots of fun. Thursday night was leadership training and I learn so much every time I go to one of those. Then Friday night Jason and I got to go out!! It was so nice and we had a great time. We went to the newly opened Rubio's and got dinner and then we went to test drive cars. Yes I am weird I love to look at new cars and I especially like getting new ones. Jason had lots of fun and I think has found his new "wish list car!" Hopefully someday he will get to drive a fun sporty car again.


Saturday was t-ball again and then home for conference. I really need to watch it again I had the hardest time staying awake! Then on Sunday we watched more conference, cleaned up Kylie's "accidents" and then watched more conference. I loved the afternoon session (maybe because I payed the most attention to it) But the talk that really stood out to me was about motherhood. Something I most definitely needed to hear.


Sunday night Paige came down with a fever, and was up for about an hour from 2-3. Luckily she really wanted dad and not me but of course I couldn't sleep knowing she was miserable. She was burning hot so I called the Dr Monday morning and took her in. I was secretly hoping it was just an ear infection and we could get medicine and be better. Nope she had to have a blood test and she of course has a virus. The doctor wanted to check her again today so we trekked back. She wasn't too happy to have her toe pricked a 2nd time. But I love that the doctor was so through. Hopefully she will get better soon, it's no fun to have a sick baby.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

I love that picture of you and Jason. When was it taken?

The Headrick Family said...

Let's see I think it was taken in 2003. Wow that was a long time ago!

jenn goodman said...

Happy Anniversary. Congrats on your SIX years.

I agree with Erin - loooove the pic of you two. Very nice.

Laurie said...

Cute blog, cute pictures, cute everything! I am sorry to hear about little Paige though. Hope she gets better soon.

Allie said...

Take that first comment off of your blog, I think it's a virus or something!
ANYWAY, Cute pictures, I love watching the kids do their "thing" it's so cute. Cute picture of you two. And, I hate having sick babies to, boy do I ever!

Laurie said...

Kari,
when you used the cute blogs website how did you get your blog layout to stay the same? Mine's totally messed up now.

The Headrick Family said...

When I changed it everything stayed the same. I just changed the template for my blog to minima template and it just put everything in like it was...sorry not much help. I know that if you have a problem you can leave a comment on the her blog and she will get back to you....hope you get it working!!

Amy said...

I can't wait until Thomas can do fun stuff like t-ball! Tanner looks like he is LOVING it in those pics!

Mitch said...

I'm jealous... I want Derek in T-Ball.

Wasn't that pic of you and Jason taken at the Macaskill's before the young couple's date?!

The Headrick Family said...

yes it was...the only picture I could find that was decent of both of us!!!