Saturday, February 2, 2008

This past week...

Well we have done okay...now just one more week to go. Jason left for Wyoming early Monday morning and got there without any trouble this time. (Last week he left and they flew around for 4 hours trying to land in Salt Lake but couldn't due to the weather and then flew back to Phoenix only to get back on a plane and head back to Salt Lake...sounds like fun!) I think I was in denial all day Monday and didn't really want to think I would be alone for 2 weeks with 3 sick kids. Plus I had a nasty cold that always makes life interesting. The kids really started not doing so hot on Wednesday when of course I had YW's and I was in charge of the treats. I ended up going late and was just going to drop of the apples and dip, but had to sit in the room because the boys were stealing all the apples!! That made me so mad that they were eating them without any permission. Who do they think they are?!? Well the kids had fun running around (thanks ibuprofren), and I had fun visiting with the girls and the leaders! Thursday we didn't do too much, we went outside and Tanner wanted to play basketball, and then we went out front and rode bicycles. We just needed some fresh air and needed to get out of the house. Friday morning there was a "sprinkle" for one of my friends that is having a baby. I was so looking forward to going but Tanner woke up coughing and saying his tummy hurt. Which I thought was maybe his lungs. I was really worried due to the fact he was hoarse and his cough was pretty tight. So needless to say we didn't go, sad I needed the socialization. I felt bad Jason called and I brokedown. Gratefully it was only for about 5 minutes then I was okay. So I thought we would do something fun and we went and picked up a pizza and then had a picnic on the living room floor. The kids loved it, Tanner said that was so cool mom. That made my day! I got the kids to bed and then layed on the floor to watch Lost, but fell asleep. Guess all my late nights are catching up to me!


Saturday I figured I would get up and excercise so it would be 3 times this week, but ended up talking to my mom for an hour and then decided that it would be better to watch the funeral of President Hinckley.
I have all the love, honor and respect for him. What a great man he was a great example and great leader I will truly miss him but know he is extremely happy that he can be with his wife again.

After the funeral I made a fort for Tanner and Kylie and they watched a movie while I got ready for the day. We took a walk and Tanner rode his bike while I pulled Kylie and Paige in the wagon. Kylie will stay in the wagon 1/2 of the time and then gets out and wants me to hold her. Well I can't hold her and so she starts crying and ends up crying the rest of the way home. I 'm sure it's a sight me walking really fast ( have to keep up with Tanner) pulling a wagon, holding hands with a screaming child. No wonder I get so many comments like you have your hands full!

2 comments:

Allie said...

Don't worry, I get that comment all the time! I also get the "how many kids DO YOU HAVE?!" comment. And I want to just say, "Can't you count?"
I'm sorry that you are alone. I wish that you lived close so that we could get together, Chris works 4 nights out of the week and it would really come in handy, don't you think?

Unknown said...

After Jason leaving, your kids being sick, and you not feeling well...I would say you definitely have your hands full. However, after all that, you were still able to come up with the energy to creatively spend time with your kids. I loved the fort building and picnic pizza! You sure are a great mommy!!!