Monday, July 27, 2009

What we've been doing.

We have been at home, watching crazy cute Aiden. I was so excited to Kim and Aiden come stay at our house. She hadn't been to my house since Kylie was 3 or 4 months old. Kim was going to be working at some local high schools volleyball camps. I was more than happy to watch her little boy, Aiden and the kids were excited to play with their cousin. Jason had been working from home the past several weeks and it so happened that while Kim was here he was at clients the whole 2 weeks. She was going to use the civic, but since J was working I let her take my van. So the kids and I just hung out at home. Let me tell you that is so hard! I was so used to going when I wanted it was more difficult than I thought.

But it seemed like every night Kim and I were up talking and we made lots of good food, and desserts. I so enjoyed her company as well as the kids. She only had to work Monday thru Thursday so Friday we headed to the outlets and did some shopping. We found some awesome deals and had fun. Then we headed home, and Jason and I were able to go see Wicked. Jason had to work late, so Kim drove me to Scottsdale to meet Jason, and then took our kids home to be our babysitter for the night. Jason and I went to Tempe, and got to go to dinner, and then enjoy a night watching Wicked. It was my second time and Jason's first. We had balcony seats and had a hard time seeing parts of the show but I still loved it. It was even better the 2nd time I saw it. Next time we see a show we will spring for the more expensive seats.


The rest of the weekend was very relaxing we hit the pool, did some grocery shopping, went to church, and just visited and had fun.

Kim had another camp starting Monday so we hung out at home, had the missionaries for dinner, and tried to keep the house clean, kids entertained and get ready to go to Utah. Thursday Kim left...I was sad although I was going to see her Saturday since she was flying to Utah. I took her to the airport, but first had a stop at In-n-Out in Tempe and we met her friend and mom for a quick visit. The last time that they saw me I was huge prego with Kylie, and lo and behold I was huge prego again! Oh well hope next time we see them I won't be huge and prego! Then we were off to the airport. I had such a good time visiting with Kim. I didn't believe her when she said Aiden was a hand full but I got my own taste. He had his moments like when I found him on the kitchen table throwing spoonfuls of strawberry jam, or on top of the piano, or in the bathroom sink with the water on full blast, or when he got the butcher knife off the counter and was banging them on the floor. I hope Kim and Trent will trust me to watch their child again because he did have a great time with his cousins, and I was glad I could help them out and watch him for them!

No comments: