Thursday, July 9, 2009

Week in Utah

We had such a great time in Utah, it always goes way too fast but I was so excited to be able to be there for the 4th of July. We left Friday night and went to Page and camped out. It was the first time that our family has stayed in a tent and it was fun. The kids loved it, and I am sure that we will do it again to break up the drive. Paige had the hardest time falling asleep, but once she did I slept like a baby. I unfortunately didn't get any pictures so hopefully next time. We got up bright and early and headed out to Fairview for the Watson family reunion. It was nice we were able to get out and enjoy the mountain air and visit with family that I haven't seen for a long time. We left there and drove up to Fairview Lakes and visited my parents lot. It was beautiful! I haven't been there for almost 10 years and I had forgotten how much I loved it. I have so many memories of camping there with my grandparents and cousins. I hope that I can make some great memories with my family there too.

Sunday was nice because we didn't have to be at church at 8:30, and while we were waiting for Sacrament meeting to start my parents bishop came and shook our hands, and Kylie asked "Are you President Monson?" It was funny she never ceases to amaze me. We had a good family dinner, and we were able to get visit with Grandma Startup. We decided to take the time to visit
Grandpa's grave I hadn't been there since the funeral and Jason and the kids had never been there. It was a great to show them and nice to see it again. I miss him, he was the best! After we went and visited with Grandma and Grandpa Wilson. It is always great to see them and visit with them.

The next few days were filled with cousins, baseball games, shopping, and late nights and early mornings. We had so much fun and were exhausted every night.

Wednesday was Kylie's birthday we had had a fun filled day we did some party shopping, present shopping, and went to lunch. We dropped Tanner off at Andrea's and picked up Kenzie and then went to lunch at Wendy's. Did a little shopping after then went and got ready for her party. Jason called and we then met him at the mall and Lori, Andrea and gang as we all witnessed Kylie getting her ears pierced. She did amazing didn't really even cry, and was so excited to get her ears pierced and started picking out other earrings. We will have to see about that. We had pizza for dinner, Kylie's request and then had cake and ice cream. The cake had to be Strawberry Shortcake and Princesses. We ended up making cupcakes with Strawberry Shortcake, and the cake was princesses. Thanks Amy for helping me finish up. I think she had a great 4th birthday.

Thursday we went to Thanksgiving Point and met up with our friends the Aldermans. It was so much fun to see them and catch up. It had been about 3 years since I had seen them last. The kids had such a great time playing and looking at the dinosaurs, and Trish and I had a great time visiting. We got some ice cream then headed back to Provo to get ready for the temple open house.
It was a little stressful trying to get ready to go and we weren't on time which caused even more stress. But it is a beautiful temple and I am glad that my kids were able to go inside to see what is inside. Paige wasn't cooperating and was crying and being a pill, and of course once we got inside Kylie had to go to the bathroom and was dancing and holding herself. So we found somewhere to go and she didn't quite make it and had a little accident and splashed me and my feet, and got on her. It was such a crazy time it never ceases to amaze me that there is always some opposition when we go to the temple. We finished our tour and my dad just laughed at me. Guess the stress of the night and kids showed on my face. It all makes memories right? We stayed at Jason's brothers that night. The kids were in heaven seeing their cousins.

We spent Friday hanging with Robb and Celeste. We went to breakfast, and then Celeste and I went to Nordstrom Rack. J went and hit a bucket of balls, and the kids had a blast with the cats, and chickens in the back yard. We got back to mom's and helped out in the yard with the yard work, and went to their neighbors for the neighborhood bbq. It was fun and the food was great. Kylie had fun jumping on the trampoline, and Tanner had a blast in the bounce house. We saw a lot of people, and enjoyed the evening.

The fourth is one of my favorite holidays. We got up and mom had a great breakfast ready and we then headed to the parade. The kids loved it and Kylie kept asking when the princesses were coming. Jason was a good sport and went to the parade with us. I enjoyed it although it did get warm. We went to mom's and helped get dinner ready.

We enjoyed visiting with family and of course good food. Jason had fun playing baseball out front with the kids. Overall it was a great day. We finished the day with sparklers and then watching the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire.

We got up the next morning and drove home. It was a nice cool vacation, and we had so much fun visiting family and friends.

4 comments:

Trent and Kim said...

Oh my gosh, I love all the pictures! It makes me jealous that we weren't there. Everyone looks so big. It sounds like you guys had a good trip. I just got even more excited for my trip!

Robert and Kristen said...

I wish we could have seen you on the 4th, but I'm glad we saw you at the Watson Reunion! It looks like you had a lot of fun in Utah. Visiting family is always so much fun.

Allie said...

:( I think you know what that is for...

Cherice said...

Soooo much fun! I love being around family. glad you got to go!