Sunday, March 15, 2009

Home again home again...


We just returned from a nice vacation in Southern California with my whole family. It was so much fun and it was great to see all of my sisters and my mom and dad. We left Sunday after church and believe it or not we ended up meeting Andrea (my sister) on the freeway unintentionally at the same time and followed each other to Newport Beach. We had 3 hotel rooms next to each other and we shared a suite with my parents. My kids were in heaven visiting with their cousins, and we got dinner and settled in for the night.

Monday we got off to a slow start and hung out at the condo, the kids played at the basketball courts, and played golf while we went shopping to get stocked with food for the week. We went to Crystal Cove and let the kids get a taste of the ocean, and then headed back and grabbed a bite to eat at Baja Fresh. We had a little mishap and Jason backed the van into a pole and scratched the van. I thought it was going to be a lot worse then in ended up being. Most of the yellow paint came off. And it isn't dented too bad. Afterwards we headed back and had FHE that dad had put together. It was cute and the kids loved it. For our treat we had a belated birthday party for Tanner and Aiden. We had cake and ice cream it was so yummy.


Kylie got a little too close to the birthday cake











Tuesday we headed to Huntington Beach and had a fun lunch at Ruby's on the pier. It gets a little crazy with 12 kids and 12 adults but it worked out. Afterwards some went shopping and we headed to the beach even though it was a little cold. The kids and Steve headed straight for the water. I was surprised Tanner even got in and had a great time and got in the water. Paige did a 180 from last time and was digging in the sand and running around. She ended up falling asleep on my lap. We went back to the villas and had a BBQ with good old Moroni Turkey, rolls, salad and rice. It was always pandemonium as we tried to cram 24 people in a small area but the memories will be well worth it.

My dad took a lot more pictures hopefully he can get them to me soon!

4 comments:

Shay said...

what's with the Headrick boys crashing into things? Dave hit a barrier a little while ago in his company truck! oops! Oh well, at least we have something to say the next time they make a comment about women drivers or something along those lines. :)

The Headrick Family said...

Very true...I forgot about that I will have to use it the next time a snide comment about a woman driver is used!

Courtni said...

how fun! seems like you guys are always on the go and having so much fun with family. that's awesome!

Robert and Kristen said...

Still so jealous! I love family vacations, and it drives my Mom crazy how our of control our family get togethers are, but it is all just a part of the memories!