Sunday, July 6, 2008

New York cont. Puerto Rico

We did a few more touristy things as we had time before we had to be at our ship and went and looked where the World Trade Center used to be...





Seinfeld fans will understand


We left our hotel and walked to the port where the Norweigan Spirit awaited us. The walk was a little longer than I expected or maybe it was just the muggy heat that got to me! We went through the check in process and it was pretty painless. We headed to the ship and took a quick tour. That is when the rain started, it pretty much ruined the sail away party! Oh well we still got to see the Statue of Liberty as we sailed out to sea.



The next 2 days we were at sea and we really didn't do much. I found that is wasn't warm enough to lay by the pool, (I think I am ruined for life as I am spoiled for Arizona heat!) I think the temp was around 80 the first couple of days so not bad. And we don't have any pictures....I think we mainly would sleep, eat, sleep some more, and I think we actually worked out. We caught up on some movies, and I did some reading. Thanks friends for letting me borrow your books!! We ventured to the top deck put there was so much smoke that we headed back to our cabin....although that wasn't much better we had smokers on both sides so other than us smelling like smoke all the time not too bad. I loved having a balcony though it was nice to be able to have a view just from our room.


Our first stop was in Puerto Rico. It was impressive on the way in. We did some walking around the old town, and was amazed at how hot and humid it was. I loved the architecture and the brick streets. We had enough of the walking and headed back to our ship before our excursion. We met at the terminal and met another couple from Arizona from Maricopa. It was fun talking with them, and met a couple of other really nice people from Pennsylvania. We had a longer than expected bus ride to our bay that we were doing kayaking from. It ended up being 2 hours and 45 minutes. It really was kind of a bummer. Plus it was raining, I didn't mind the rain though just didn't want to have lightning strike while on the bay. We finally got to the bay and we waited another hour for our turns on the kayaks. Jason was getting really impatient and angry with the whole ordeal. Not really what we signed up for. It was our turn and we got into the kayak and headed to the bay. It was dark and kind of spooky all the mangrove trees seemed eerie, but we (I should say Jason) and we finally made it to the Bioluminescene Bay. We were under the impression that we would be able to see things glowing....but we were wrong it was put your hand in the water and there was a faint glow for about 30 seconds and that was it. We got a little lesson on why it glowed and then we hurried back to the bus so that we could make it back on board before our ship departed. We were wet and the air conditioner was so cold! By the time we got back I was a ice cube. We made it back right at 11:30 ran to our room jumped in the shower since we were freezing and then got dinner! Sorry we didn't take any pictures it was dark and raining.

No comments: