Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend

Father and sons campout was this weekend (I sent the camera with Jason but he didn't take any pictures!) so I wanted to have a fun weekend with my girls. Tanner woke up super early and was ready to leave at 6:00 am. We finally got them off and we started the day by playing with friends and then taking naps. Kylie fell asleep on the couch watching her new favorite movie "pauper". The Princess and the Pauper staring Barbie. I should say all the kids love it, even Tanner who sings along and changes the words of the song to say boy where is says girl. And Paige fell asleep the same time Kylie did...can I say heaven. I sat and did nothing I should have been more productive but I was enjoying the quiet. I had to wake Kylie up so that she would go to bed later on, and we went and got some ice cream at the new Baskin Robbins. She loved it! Paige had croup the week before and had been recovering all week...but at Baskin Robbins I noticed she felt a little warm. So we got home and I gave her some motrin, and went to pick up the babysitter...well it didn't go over too well and I was gone for a total of 45 min and had to come home. Poor thing she wasn't doing to well, so Kylie and I had a movie night, Paige fell asleep and I did on the floor but Kylie was awake until 11:30!! No more naps for her!



Tanner and Jason had such a great time on the campout. Tanner loves being with his dad, but we were excited to have them home. We ran some errands and had a great day. Saturday night wasn't so good....Paige had done well all day but turned downhill at night we were up for about 3 hours early Sunday morning with a uncomfortable miserable baby. I ended up walking up and down the hallways and after some motrin and tylenol she finally settled down at about 5:30. I was able to get about an hour and a half nap before she was up again. Jason fixed me breakfast of cinnamon rolls, eggs, orange juice and sausage. It is one of my favorites!!


Then off to church he went...the kids didn't go the week before so I stayed home with them so he could go to Sacrament. Then later on he helped me make dinner and dessert it was so yummy! He made my day very nice even though we did have sick kids! And he gave me a coupon for a broadway show when we get to NY for our cruise! Yay so excited for that.




4 comments:

Allie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Our ward doesn't do a father/son campout. I wish they did. Alexa and I need a girls night.

Laurie said...

Sorry you're kiddos were sick. I"m glad you had a good Mother's DAy anyway though. I bet Jason loves watching Tanner sing the songs to the BArbie Movie. ;)
I have to say that Gracie and I both love the Barbie movies. :)

The Headrick Family said...

You know what is funny, Jason has told the kids that he likes the Barbie movie. I don't know if he really means it or if he is just joking. Hard to believe huh!

Leslie said...

My girls LOVE the Barbie movies and I have to say I am a fan. They are positive role model type movies where Barbie uses kindness, patience, intelligence, ect. to solve her problems and become the heroine of the most stories. If your kids love the ones with music then you should also get Barbie and the Island Princess. That has good music in it too. I am trying to convince Randa that they are good but she is anti-barbie. We don't buy the dolls but we do love the movies.