Friday, May 2, 2008

Dinner ?


So I was trying to be a good wife/mother and have dinner all ready before we went to T-ball practice. Practice is at 5:00 so by the time it's over we are all starving. I had made shepherds pie, and even set a jello and as I was getting ready to put the casserole in the oven, (and trying to do it one handed because I was holding Paige), I had to take the cover off and all of the sudden it slipped of the counter and on to the floor it went. All I could do was stare at it, the kids came running which of course I had to tell them to stay back no need for anyone else to get cut. Called for Jason...he finally came and took a look, I tried not to cry (who likes to spend time making dinner and have it fall on the floor?). He thankfully took the kids to practice so I could clean up the mess. I got it all cleaned up and then walked to the park for a little t-ball practice and then off to Chipotle for dinner. Jason said I did it on purpose to go out to eat....hmmm nice idea maybe I'll do it on purpose next time!?
Dinner doesn't look too appetizing in the garbage but we all love it!!

5 comments:

Allie said...

That stinks! That's totally happened to me. I would have cried.

Courtni said...

I have unfortunately been in your same position (more than once may I add.) There is nothing like time and work being wasted that seems more frustrating on a busy day.

But hey--Chipotle is one of our favorites, so at least there was a little positive on the night.

The Headrick Family said...

I'm glad that I am not the only one that has dropped dinner after spending time making it! I was beginning to feel like a real klutz (sp?)

Laurie said...

Oh Kari....I do stuff like that ALL THE TIME. It really is sad. ;)
Even in the garbage it looked like it would have been a good dinner. ;)

Unknown said...

Bummer! All that work and then something like that happens. Not fun.