Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Volleyball


Our stake (at church) has set up a women's volleyball. It is so much fun playing. I think that the 2 reasons why is #1 to get out of the house, and #2 to have fun! I am not the world's best volleyball player but I have lots of fun. The games aren't like normal high school/college matches we play for 20 minutes or until whoever scores 25 first and we play 4 games a night.


I am finding a couple of problems with this recent activity. My mind still see's me as being a lot younger than I really am and when I find myself diving on the floor after a ball it takes me a lot longer to get back to my feet. I am also finding that the floor is a lot harder than it used to be. I am really sad that my body just doesn't move as fast as it used to anymore. And when I wake up the next morning I have a hard time getting out of bed, especially when I have bruises all over my knees. Jason tries to remind me that I don't have to dive on the floor but it just wouldn't be the same. I'll take the bruised knees any day for the opportunity to play a little ball!

5 comments:

Erin said...

You are great! I wish I would dive more like you!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny, I wish could just knew how to play. Good for you.

Allie said...

Good for you! I say keep doing what you're doing. Eventually your body will give up trying to fight you and catch up with your head. Well, that's what I keep telling myself. I'm playing on Chris's work co-ed softball team this year. Wish me luck, they are really serious about their softball.

Laurie said...

first of all, I'm jealous that your stake has volleyball...fun.
second of all, I keep thinking that I'm younger than my body likes to think it is too, it stinks how that happens and third of all, WAY TO GO Kari on diving for the ball, that's just too cool!

Robert and Kristen said...

I know how you feel. In Caldwell we had so much fun playing volleyball and it was even really competitive (we played co-ed). But I was always really sore afterward, but it was totally worth it!