Friday, November 30, 2007

Rain

I love the rain and it is raining today. I love the smell outside when it starts to rain and the sound of the water gushing by the front door (we don't have gutters here in Arizona so the rain puddles right outside the front door!)


I decided that I needed to go to the mall in Scottsdale to get Paige her Christmas stocking from here so she could match the rest of the family. And the closest store is about an hour away. So the kids and I made a day of it, we got our lunch made and then headed out. It started to rain on the way so it took a little extra time but we got there parked ate our lunch and went shopping. It is always amazing to me how many people comment about shopping with 3 kids. Of course I had Kylie and Paige strapped in the stroller and Tanner did a pretty good job of holding on and not wandering too far from me. It was a pretty productive trip and I was quite pleased with myself that I made it without any castrophies. Paige was so good, except we had a blowout and I didn't realize it until I picked her up and put her in the carseat. I had to change her before the long drive home sorry for the car that was waiting for my parking space!


Saturday we went shopping again, we had to get some presents for the party that we were going to that night, and take back some prior purchases that we decided not to keep. And of course we had to make our weekly Sam's club lunch date! We always have lunch at Sam's which consists of hot dogs, pizza, and the blue drinks. This week since the kids have been sick we got everyone their own drinks. We haven't spilled but for some reason we had trouble today. Kylie dropped her whole cup and spilled her entire drink all over the floor, and then Tanner dumped part of his on his pants. We went to Old Navy and I got the kids some new clothes for Christmas. Then we went home and got ready for the party. I finally had found a baby sitter after I swear 10 tries. I was excited for a night without the kids. Tanner kept asking me when his girl friend was coming that was pretty cute although she was a bit too old for him!


We had a great time at the party talking with friends and the food, and of course the gift exchange. We play the game that you can take a gift 2 times after it has been opened, and it always makes the night interesting and fun. My gift was stolen a few times, but ended up loving what I got! The best part of the evening is coming home to a clean house and kids that are sleeping!



Here is a picture of Paige and her new favorite past time....

1 comment:

Amy said...

When I first moved to the Bay Area my sister and her 3 kids and me, big and pregnant, would go shopping and I swear we couldn't get out of the car without getting comments. What is the big deal? People forget that 4 kids isn't a big family really...its just average.

Paige looks like a doll!