Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First day of school

We were really excited/nervous about our first day of school this year. Once again we are at a new elementary school. And this year the kids will take a bus. (Mom was a little nervous about this one....although I love it now!) This is Tanner's 3rd school in 3 years, and Kylie's 2nd school in 2. Hopefully this trend will stop in the near future and we can settle down for a while.
Kylie couldn't sleep and was up at 5 in the morning. It is so unlike her as she is usually our longest sleeper...hence her nickname of Sleeping Beauty. She finally couldn't stand it much longer and jumped out of bed at 7:00. She couldn't have been more excited so I thought. I made eggs, and cinnamon rolls for breakfast (just Rhodes rolls), and had fruit...but she couldn't eat. I knew I needed her to eat something so we tried some cereal. No luck with cereal either in fact she almost lost the contents of her stomach.
Tanner on the other had was great, scarfed his breakfast down and was ready to go. I made them pose for a few pictures, and off to the bus stop we went. I could tell Kylie was nervous, and I was too I am not used to not taking them and dropping them off at their classrooms. I couldn't get her to smile for any of the pictures I took. I was so nervous for her, and kept my fingers crossed that she would make some friends and have a great first day. I made sure Tanner would help Kylie and look out for her, make sure she got to her class, and help her get to the bus at the end of school. Not sure how much he heard or cared as all her was worried about was playing with his friends.
But they made it through the day fine, got on the right bus coming home and survived the first day of school. It made for one very relieved mom....and the great part was they wanted to go back the next day!

No comments: