Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First day of School


Tanner was so excited to go to school. I was a lot more nervous than he seemed....we had missed the open house and didn't get to meet his teacher or see his classroom. We didn't even know where to go, but I made a phone call and figured that out. I had hoped that we would make it to school early so we could go and find his classroom, but we didn't get to school in time for that. But we did get there early enough to meet his teacher and for him to find some friends and play before school started.


He had a great first day and I had to pry to get any information from him. The girls were super excited to see him when we picked him up. They all gave each other huge hugs. It was so fun to see. His first week went very well, and he was sad that he couldn't go to school Saturday. We will see how long that lasts! Can't believe that I have a kindergarten age child, but change is a good thing right?

2 comments:

David and Jana said...

Oh man, crazy to believe that he is that old. They grow up waaaayyyy too fast. I am so dreading this next year for Davy or for me, I am not sure. I am glad he is loving school though. How fun!

Amy said...

How fun! School doesn't start out here until the 25th...and get this--the Meet The Teacher Open House isn't until 2 weeks after school starts. Yeah, we have to go find Thomas' name on a bulletin board outside the school the weekend before school starts to find out what class he's in. Too funny!