Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dance Recital



We had the honor of watching Paige and Kylie dance in Alice in Wonderland. They performed as a dragonfly, mone rath, baby clam, and hedgehog. I was so proud of my girls. This was Paiges' first performance and I was a little unsure if she would actually go on stage and dance. She loves dance and can't wait for her class every week, asking each morning if it was dance day. But when I drop her off she is so timid and since I can't watch her I wasn't sure if she really danced in class. I was so happy and I will admit a little teary when she walked on stage for that first time. This was Kylie's 2nd performance, she danced 1 time in Arizona and she was a little nervous about dancing in front of many people. But she sure didn't act nervous she did great. She danced really well and looked like she was having so much fun.

My favorite part of the show was when Paige came out in her hedgehog outfit, as the Queen was going to play crochet. Paige was nervous about having the queen holding onto the flamingos, she didn't want to be hit and stood watching instead of doing her somersault. She did this both nights and refused to do her somersault. But a soon as the flamingos were gone she did her dance. She also decided that she needed to "pick" her wedgie out on stage in front of everyone!

The show was great, the costumes the dances, I am so glad that my girls are able to have this opportunity to dance in a clean environment, and to learn how to dance and express themselves. It also didn't hurt that they show wasn't longer than an hour! I am also so grateful for family that comes and supports us, the girls loved having an audience.

Another Kylie funny, the first night we went and got ice cream at the BYU Creamery after the show. It was fun because Grandma and Grandpa joined us, but Kylie wasn't too happy that she got ice cream instead of flowers and let dad know that she needed flowers from him. So Saturday night Jason got the girls flowers, but they didn't have any roses so he got them very pretty red carnations. Kylie was happy that she got flowers, as was Paige but the stems kept breaking. She said I don't like these flowers I like roses better! Wow we are in trouble!

3 comments:

Melissa and Jason said...

They did such a good job! I'm so glad we were able to see them.

David and Jana said...

It was fun to see your girls perform. They did a great job!

Mel said...

The wedgie was my favorite part too!