Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July




We had a great 4th of July weekend. We started bright and early and went and saw the hot air balloons. Unfortunately we chose the wrong morning and it was too windy. It was still fun the kids were able to see a few balloons inflate so it made the morning fun. Then we headed to Molly's and had a great breakfast I even was privileged enough to get a glass of orange juice dumped on my lap thanks to Cameron. We got home and then I tried to get the kids to nap with Jason since he had spent the morning golfing. I ran a few more errands and got some things ready for Kylie's 3rd birthday celebration with my family. It was fun and chaotic as always and I can officially say she is all birthday ed out!





We went to Stadium of Fire with all my side of the family. Jason had never been and figured it was about time. Plus Carrie Underwood being there was a good persuasion. We had a really good time, it was a perfect night with family, and a great way to celebrate how blessed we are to live in America.


We all especially enjoyed the fireworks, even Paige after she realized that they weren't going to come and fall on her and burn her. We left Cameron at home with a sitter it was more enjoyable for all of us.



Then on Monday I ran with Lori, and Marissa (Lori's sister in law) in the Freedom run 5k. I have always wanted to run in a 5k but haven't ever got the guts to do it. But I am happy with the results and most likely will do another one. Maybe I will even get the guts to run a 10k?

We headed to the parade without Cameron or my party pooper husband. The kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves. They loved seeing the soldiers, the princesses, and seeing the mustang overheat. They were also lucky enough to get to pet a llama. Afterwards we got to have the Startup side lunch. It was fun to relax and see all my cousins and Grandma.







I love the 4th of July and have so many fond memories. I hope that my kids can create some great memories as well!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have to say that NO ONE knows how to celebrate the 4th like Utah does. I think that the years I was living in Utah I saw more being done to celebrate living in this country than anywhere else I have lived! I'm glad you had a fun day.